Thursday, April 19, 2012

Help! I'm parenting alone!

Each day is a melody waiting to be created
Oh, hey! Well done, you found me! I am so happy about that I could cry. Well, well, I probably cried already today, so I'll jump up and down instead.

The song I am singing today is accompanied by the birds out in the garden. They sing so loud I can barely hear myself humming. It's beautiful! Parenting, Parenting, lalalalaal...

But here is a "quack" in my beautiful melody: I'm alone with my kid. Something did not work out the way I (or my parents) had planned it, and now, force is to realize that it is going to be so: me and my kid, my kid and me, all alone... 

Does that change my parenting style? Oh yes! Of course, who is asking that?

When there are two parents, they get to argue about the best possible ways to deal with just about anything. I am talking about "positive arguments", the ones that help you grow, understand, put things into perspectives, change your mind etc.

Since I am alone with my kid, the only person I can ask for help in understanding matters is... well, my kid! Crazy, hey?
As a result, he is more able to reflect than any kid his age and I have to spit out my worries in a language that is acceptable for a 10-year old. Not easy!

OK, don't get all panicky on me, it is not like I am asking him to solve major issues for me, but his opinion takes a heavy part in my decisions, want it or not, he votes for 50% of the household.
This blog is about sharing this amazing, life-enhancing experience to parent a wonderful kid... or to parent in order to obtain a wonderful kid, or... well, you get what I mean, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment